Wednesday 15 April 2009

A Few Personal Favourites

It is often said that we are our own worst critics. To this, I am certainly no exception; in fact, more often than not, I epitomise it. I often find myself loathing each and everything I do. I'm always finding the smallest, most insignificant of details to ensure that I am not happy with anything I produce. I, of course, am talking about my photography here, but this also applies to every aspect of my life.

My point is simply, that when I do feel I've done something right, the resulting feeling of accomplishment is indescribable. Incredibly, this is something I've felt several times over the past few weeks alone.

These past three weeks have been astronomically busy for me. On top of the day job, I've managed to squeeze in eight photoshoots and a whole lot of retouching. Add a day trip into Derbyshire for good measure and I'm feeling quite accomplished, if not a bit exhausted.

Was it worth it?

Oh yes.

I've somehow managed to make several photographs which I absolutely adore. Considering that I guesstimate my perceived success ratio to be about 1:10000, this is phenomenal to me!

Alas, enough with the words. Please allow me to share some of these images with you, whether you agree with my own impressions of them or not!!





Helena (by macjw2)




I do hope you enjoyed viewing these as much as I did making them. Feel free to leave your thoughts as a comment below.

Inevitably, I will be talking about some of the things that went into these shoots on this blog in the near future and I'll be talking about the shoots themselves on the blog on my website before long.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment