Wednesday 3 June 2009

Bring on The Flashguns

Bring On The Flashguns



Okay, it might be blatantly obvious, but I love my strobes. Particularily my Bowens GM500. It's magic.

However, a recent conversation with Phil Winterbourne got me thinking about my long neglected, yet trusty flashgun. (430EX) It's been well over a year and a half since I dusted this guy off for no good reason other than I had my strobes to work with.

Phil had pointed out that the flashgun has a highspeed sync feature that I had somehow overlooked. Enthralled, I knew I wanted to try it out.

After a couple test shots in the garden, I knew I was going to get hooked on using my flashgun again. Of course, the first port of call was to take more than a passing interest in the Strobist blog. It can only be considered convenient that the first thing I saw upon arrival was an article on water drops; something I've done dozens of times in the past, but perfect for getting back into the swing of using the 430.

Now, this is by no stretch of the imagination perfect, nor is it even an example of highspeed sync. What it is; however, is me picking up my camera for the Hell of it, for the first time in a long time and even if it is just a quick five minute experiment, I know, once again, that I need to shoot just for the sake of shooting a lot more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment